Saturday, August 6, 2011

Colour Study
I prefer to decorate with neutrals. I work with colour so much at the magazine (Annabelle forces me against my will most times!) I like to surround myself with a calm palette at home. Having said that, I glanced over at our messy kitchen this morning and saw that John had put an empty bottle of wine and a pot on the trusty Ikea stool, obviously needing a place to plonk them while he made dinner last night in our matchbox-sized kitchen. The casing on the neck of the bottle is the most divine orange – not garish or gaudy like orange can be – it's soft and complex. And it looked so perfect against the olive green of the bottle, our grey wall behind it and the dense black of the cast iron. I just know I'll use this combination again soon, somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration Kooyong.

4 comments:

  1. this is really lovely. that's probably the most gorgeous shade of orange i've ever seen, it reminds me equally of hot summer dresses and days by the ocean, and warm cinnamon-y drinks on a crisp autumn day, surrounded by falling leaves. you've sandwiched me perfectly between the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I totally agree Meg, it's just lovely. It makes me look forward to warmer days here even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your blog and I love it . Every single picture is truly inspiring .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melanie, lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete