Sunday, January 8, 2012

Down on the Farm

Recently I celebrated my birthday and one of loveliest gifts I received was from my very good friend Jeannie and her husband Damien who gave me a box of produce from their farm – herbs, eggs, garlic, potatoes, zucchinis – a real bounty. My mum gave me a beautiful black-washed trug which was the perfect partner for these homegrown goodies.



Jeannie and Damien live on a beautiful property near Macclesfield about 45 minutes from Adelaide CBD. They have done so much work on the place, having almost finished a much-anticipated extension to their home. After a long-overdue visit this morning to see the new house I was really taken with Jeannie's vegetable patch that she lovingly tends. It was so full of different fruits and veggies, everywhere I turned there was another surprise. I love how she has incorporated old gates and farm equipment within the garden. It was also great to see the pencil pines that I gave Jeannie for her birthday a few years ago looking so healthy. Lots of rain this year has ensured good growth but Jeannie surely has a green thumb or two.









Jeannie's a graphic designer like me – we went to the same high school all those years ago and then went to Uni together to study. The logo for her business, Cultivate Design, reflects her love of the land perfectly. Please do visit Jeannie's blog if you have a moment, I hope she'll share many more pics of her property as it evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment